Product Review | Essence Match 2 Cover Cream Concealer



I'm forever on the hunt for concealer. I'm walking death pale. I sometimes think "Nah I'm not that pale" because I only give myself a passing glance in mirrors but upon closer examination after allowing concealer and foundation to set I go "Shit, I really am as pale as I think I am". Which is a giant pain in the ass. Covergirl, Rimmel, Maybelline, Loreal, Chanel, Laura Mercier ect (I could go on and on) honest to god have no suitable matches for me concealer and foundation wise. Trial and error costs money and isn't cheap. Purchasing a white foundation has allowed me to salvage the foundations I currently own but I'm still in the dark when it comes to concealer. And a gal needs concealer!



I know most of use concealer for under eye purposes but I don't really get dark circles. I think it's just the way my eye shape is. If it looks dark I often find a liquid highlighter fixes it. But I do get blemishes. I have very little self restraint when it comes to a pimple and go in for the kill when I spot one. I try desperately not to. On the occasions I slip, more often than not it leaves a sore that needs covering. Previously having never been able to locate a concealer in the right shade for me I had to settle for delicately layering my foundation over problem area's and quickly setting it with powder so it stayed put. While it's alright as methods go you run the risk of making your foundation darker in spots you layer it. I had switched to the cream concealer that comes with the Daniel Sandler invisible radiance foundation in porcelain. While it's fantastic it is half a shade too dark. It's not a product I can go crazy with. And you can't buy it separately. I asked. Literally asked the man himself. His one word Twitter reply was no. 



A friend of mine was stocking up on Essence products and while I've found some of their products are hit and miss you can't really knock the price. Think an Australian version of Americas ELF. Being the serial swatcher I am I tested the cream pot concealer in store and just about squealed instore. When I bought it at the time it was around $3.50 but being a new product (don't quote me!) I do believe that was an introductory price as it's listed as $4.25 online with Priceline. Have snapped this duo up I've just about been wearing it ever since. I can only use the lightest shade in the compact as the darker one is way way off. But the light one is perfect. It may look a little dark in the picture swatch but it's actually rather pale and a nice match to my current regime. While being creamy I do find the formula is rather thin but you are able to build up the coverage. Longevity wise it's not too great on it's own but set with a translucent powder it lasts a good 4-6 hours. This happy find has found a permanent place in my makeup bag. Bravo!

As always for the love of god comment! I love hearing from you! And feel free to link your blogs below for me to check out.

Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
Youtube


Gidget xx

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally found a shade that works for you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are still many out there to try though!

      Delete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper