Review | Kat Von D Monarch Palette


Before I got my mitts on this I'd always pined over how gorgeous the packaging is. It's one of the prettiest eyeshadow palette designs I've ever seen. I love the Death Skull Moth design with gorgeous gold running through it with hues of copper and black. 

I picked this baby up during my short trip to Sydney for the Sephora opening. My god that was complete pandemonium. Wall to wall with people. I put this in my basket without skipping a beat or stopping to smell the roses lest I be crushed by the wild makeup obsessed beasts breathing down my neck every which way I turned. I'd known from extensive research and pining over it that it was something I wanted. No debate. 

Wrath, Papilo, Summerfly, Killing Jar, Delaney, Vanish, Disintegration, Shadow Box & Deadhead

The palette runs warm, cool and neutral, for bloggers sake I researched how much was in each shadow but it does seem like a headache worth of number of calculations. Bear with me. When I say the amount in each one is a DAMN worthwhile amount. Colour wise I love the warmness of some of the shades. Wrath especially. Gimme! I love the silver and neutral to cool transition shade too, since most palettes lean towards a warm brown.

Entomology, Telepathy & Tiny Death 

The Highlight shades are even unique in themselves rather than a standard  Flesh tones or Champagne shimmers you're given a buttery pastel banana shade, a grey silver shimmer and a warm flesh toned shade with teeny flecks of sparkle that disperse when applied to the skin. Regardless of these three shades being highlights by nature their purpose in the palette is to be bases beneath shadows or even toppers. Rather they are transformer shades to change the finish and tone of the other shades in the palette.  Allowing you to experiment to your hearts desire. Each shadow is pigmented and blend beautifully. And I would expect no less from Kat Von D. Her range is fantastic and she has the respect, talent and following to back it up. 

You can pick up selection from her brand at Sephora in Australia now and Sephora around the world. I picked up this baby for a cool $65 au.


Gidget xx


6 comments:

  1. Didn't like the shades much! but packaging is so pretty!!! love the butterfly design

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is lovely! The shades look great to try out and if mixed maybe could look interesting. Loved your review great blog :) http://bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much x I love how sleek your blog is x

      Delete
  3. I heard a lot about this palette, like everyone was going crazy about it. Shades are nice but somehow I expected more. I also like the packaging more. They seem well pigmented though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour payoff is great. It certainly is pretty packaging :) x

      Delete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper