Hair Review | MUK Style Stick Hair Straightener


I'd prefer it if they'd just call it a straightner. My one and only irritant. Moving on. I'd actually never heard of MUK until my most recent Beauty Bloggers Monthly Meet in which Muk haircare took front and centre stage for the night. Which was fine and dandy with me. The less I talk the better. Muk graciously provided  attendees with goodie bags to try the products ourselves at home. In it contained a brand spanking new and may I point out 'shiny' Style Stick for us to try. It was probably at this point I spilt wine on the floor. Red Wine. On Carpeted floor. That was White. Did I want to crawl into a hole and die? Yes. I almost feel I owe my clumsy life to the staff at Chianti Classico on Hutt St for being my soda water bearing saviours. 



The Before & After Comparison


I own a relatively cheap Straightener that cost me around $20. It does the job. Not brilliantly or time efficiently but I never really paid too much mind. I rarely do anything extensive with my hair. I rarely get it cut, I never dye it anymore and I don't apply treatments or product to it really. This is however all due to laziness. It's extremely long so styling it is time consuming. Evening Straightening it takes too much time.
When I used the Muk Style Stick I immediately understood the difference in quality. It took me less than 5 minutes to straighten all of my hair. My hair is rather fine but thick and long so even when I straighten my hair I still get the fly away texture to my hair. Not with the Style Stick. It gives my hair a glossy, sleek and jet straight look. I even noticed after having my hair in a pony tail for a few hours the style held. The hair band didn't leave a kink in my hair. The longevity of the style is very long lasting too. I slept with my hair in a loose bun and woke to my hair still being relatively stark straight. 


The Facts

Muk haircare is a cruelty free company. Two thumbs up from me. The Style Stick is a serious piece of technology. It has enhanced standards that come with most straighteners.

A 360 swivel cord.
LCD digital display.
Adjustable temperature.

 And an Ion Generator which helps seal the cuticle of your hair with the help of negative ions to infuse shine and protect your hair. Infared lights are imbedded into the ceramic plates to penetrate heat deeper into the hair shaft.


Muk are also highly aware of how many of us leave our straighteners on (Sadly I am guilty of this) so Muk equipped their Straightener with and Automatic shut down, meaning the Style Stick will turn off on it's own after 1 hour. That's pretty genius right there.


How Fast?!


Funnily I'm impressed by such mundane things. I was shocked with how fast this Styler heats up. I have a few heat stylers and usually turn them on and wait a good 5-10 minutes for them to heat up but I had no such wait time with this bad boy. For your viewing pleasure I even filmed how long it took from turning it on, to how long it takes to reach maximum. Which is around 7 seconds. This Straightener means serious business and is ready to heat things up as soon as you are.



We have lift off!
Speedy Speedy Lift off!


It even comes with a 2 year warranty. For more information and a full list of products head to MUKdotcom

I'd like to thank Muk Haircare for being such a wonderful and kind company with giving me the opportunity to try new things and Chianti Classico on Hutt St for being such gracious hosts.

What's your favourite Hair tool?

As always for the love of god leave a comment! I love hearing from you! And feel free to link your blogs below for me to check out.

Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
Youtube


Gidget xx

6 comments:

  1. Does yr straightener make a buzzing noise? I was told its normal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm not overly. When I use it next I'll let you know. If the buzzing sounds alarming I would call customer care and have them take a look at it. xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is the Muk style stick 230 going since you wrote this blog? I am yet to buy my first straightener, and with so many brands and models, I have not yet bought one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it. I sadly stepped on mine and it's out of warranty. I'm going to purchase it again. It never lulled. Had issues. I had it for two years!

      Delete
  4. most hair straighteners are equipped with PTC heating elements, and this technology is becoming more and more mature so that people are not satisfied with such heating elements. They began to try to use MCH heating elements that heat up faster and return to a high temperature quickly, and more stable. click

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper