Home Cooking | Bunny Cookies!


You've read that right! Little cookie treats for our big eared furry babies. I'm going to share with you a simple recipe you can make at home your bunnies will go banana's for!




Ingredients
1.You'll need a packet of organic baby mushy fruit, I used Heinz organic Banana & Apple. You can use other combos but stick to Bunny safe food. Some baby food brands will even have a little bunny on the back stating it's safe to use for bunnies! 2.Rolled oats. You can use this on it's own as a treat but don't exceed one teaspoon per bunny per day. 3.Crushed Pellets. I buy my bunny pellets infused with lucern hay. To crush them I put them through a coffee grinder. You can crush them manually but it's an arduous task that I don't recommend. 4.And for extra yuminess I add one Weetbix crushed with my fingers.

 

There really is no specific guideline for the amounts, I just throw in what I feel are even amounts. I mix it up and once it's a nice thick batter and start spooning out tiny amounts into my hand and rolling them into balls between my palms.




I use my thumb to flatten the balls, you can use spoon though if you'd rather although at this point our hands are already covered in bunny cookie dough! Preheat your oven to 230-270 and pop these bad boys in until they harden and go golden around the edges. Around 10-15 minutes, sometimes longer.

 Voila'! You've just served up a delightful treat for your Bunny right in your own home. I keep them in an airtight container and serve up to 1 treat per bunny per day. Keep in mind these cookies do not keep well, they keep for around a week and a half before mould sets in so try to only make a small batch. I hope you've enjoyed the recipe. You can even roll the batter out with a pin and use cookie cutter if the mood strikes you, be creative and don't forget there are lots of foods bunnies can eat but most importantly they need lots and lots of hay! 


Gidget xx

4 comments:

  1. Is this safe for bunnies? Hhow many do you give them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ingredients I use are safe for Bunnies to eat. I've linked a list of Bunny safe foods near the bottom of the post btw. I give them half a cookie each, sometimes 1 a day, no more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Cant wait to make them for my rambo <3

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper