MOTD | Halloween Skull Mask


Here in Australia we don't celebrate Halloween with the same amount of pizazz & flare as America. And at the end of the day it irritates me a little bit how forceful companies are becoming here; literally jamming Halloween down our throats. It's an American based tradition. Despite all that it's a great time of year for anyone who loves makeup. It gave me an opportunity to use products I own in a way I had never tried before. 
I was highly in the mood to do something creative. I wanted to see how truly good....or bad I was at doing something out of my comfort zone. So with nowhere to go, home alone, with a bottle of wine, I set to work.
My complete and utter inspiration for this look was from Beauty Youtuber & Blogger Makeup Artist Siobhán from LetzMakeup. I chose it in the end because it was the easiest look I could create with what I owned. However I didn't detail the eyelids like she did. I also incorporated it into a mask rather than blending the colors down my neck and into my hairline.



Youtube tutorial by LetzMakeup which lets be honest, is freaking insane. I also skipped contour as I was running out room on my face. I am no magical artist.


Face
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in 105
Inglot Eyeshadow in 63
Essence Liquid Liner in Black

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
Australis Ready Set Go Translucent Powder


Eyes
Inglot Eyeshadow in 63
Rimmel Eyeliner Scandal Eyes in Black

Tools
Beauty Blender Blending Sponge
Real Techniques Flat Foundation Brush
Models Prefer Flat Shader Brush
Models Prefer Crease Blending Brush
Artiste Angled Liner Brush
Face of Australia Round Fluffy Kabuki Brush



What did you do for Halloween?



Gidget xx

2 comments:

  1. Great job Gidget! Maybe you should have been a make up artist. You'll probably end up doing something more profitable, but you've definitely got a talent for make up. I like your look better than the YouTube one which was a bit too scary. Have a great weekend! sparkle2day.com

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper