Revlon Balm Stains | Just Bitten Kissable & Matte Balms


It generally takes me a million years to jump on bandwagons, I'm fashionably late to all parties surrounding the hype of any product or trend. I avoided the Balm Stains for a very long time, mostly due to the fact it's expensive. To me Revlon and Loreal are probably two of the most expensive drugstore brands...ever. Drugstore prices my ass. Regardless of my hedge with the pricing when I did cave and buy one during that Kmart sale (Oh man, if you're Aussie you know the sale I'm talking about!) I became completely sold. 
Not every single colour is to my liking but the ones that are have been been added to my mental wish list. I must have them. I can stand by all claims of a delightful peppermint scent and lasting hydration. The Kissables are wonderful. I either go for a statement lip or smokey eyes. Due to my laziness on either style I have a million Red Lipsticks and a billion Nude Natural Lipsticks. Both looks are slap dash and can be quick and seamless with the right products. The Revlon Balms definitely fit that category for me!



Honey Honey Honey. I can not get enough of this one. I'd go so far to say I'm halfway through and I'll be re-purchasing it. As natural pinks go this is a beautiful all rounder, neither cool nor warm but with a slight, Slight mauve undertone to it. Romantic was my first experience with these babies. Fond memory of finding the last Kissable Balm Stain among the debris of the Kmart Beauty Re-Vamp Sale. A light wash of red with an orange undertone. Crush is the newest addition to my collection, I wanted something darker then Romantic with a blue undertone rather than an orange one but this is definitely a berry tone. Regardless I can't wait to break this baby in now that winters here. 


Above Left to Right: Honey, Romantic & Crush


Ahh, the Mattes. All Makeup Fanatics went batshit loony when these were released. It was literally all I saw, reviews, swatches and videos. I knew I had to try them when I saw a mini video review on Standout. As it would turn out when I went to buy it I forgot the name and bought Striking instead. However, I regret nothing! A week later I was back to purchase Standout and Shameless in a 2 for 1 deal at Priceline and I have not looked back since. 


I apologize for the blurriness of Striking. Nonetheless Striking when double layered (One layer, blot then re-apply) almost reminds me of a very light version of Macs Lady Danger Lipstick. Almost. It's a beautiful light red with a hint of orange, very vintage. Next up in the middle Standout, is the perfect red lipstick conveniently packaged for the easiest application. I'll take this moment to point out all photo's of me wearing all the balms are without lip liner. You could if you were going to be uber precise and want lines sharp enough to cut glass but I'm the laziest person on the planet and will only bother lining my lips if I need 4-6hrs of wear. One of the reasons I love the matte balms so much is I don't need liner, it's that easy! Finally a 1 minute statement lip for the grocery store or uni class. Moving on now, last but not least, is Shameless. I only own a couple of purples but damn, I think I need to own more. This is very much a Lorde colour and looks very striking with pale skin although it would probably suite all shades. It does require a couple of coats but the colour payoff is worth it and purple lipstick can be a pain in the ass without liner. Now I have a fuss free alternative. I really want to play with this colour more. Thank god it's winter! 


Above Left to Right: Striking, Standout & Shameless.

In action left to right: Matte Balm in Striking, Just Bitten in Honey, Matte Balm in Standout

With constant deals and sales I would recommend everyone to go out and grab yourself at least one! As a picky penny pincher I am definitely sold. They are available worldwide at any store with a Revlon stand. RRP is around $17.95au. 




Gidget xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper