Review | Illamasqua Powder Eyeshadow in Heroine




I LOVE me a multipurpose product, especially makeup wise. This way I can justify buying a product that is a teensy bit more on the slightly expensive side, though Illamaqua is definitely leagues cheaper than say Tom Ford or Burberry but I digress. It's expensive to someone like me with a tighter budget. So if I can get all kinds of use out of it then colour me one happy pappy; what colour would that be? Rainbow? Glitter Rainbow? Moving on! 


It's common practise among makeup lovers to use an eyeshadow in place of a bronzer, blush or contour shade. Sometimes you can find really useful shades. Say for instance MACs Sushi Flower in place of a blush. Some colours are very multipurpose. You get a whopping 2g compared to the 1.5g you get with a MAC shadow, although you get between 2.3g-3.2g with Inglot shadows. 

Shade wise it's a nice neutral brown shade, kind of a malt brown shade with an ashy tone to it. I AM GREAT at describing colours. Malt Ash people. Malt Ash. 

It applies nicely too, it's not patchy in application. The swatches below show varying degrees of depth with L-R being 1 swatch then 2 and then 3 swatches. 



But how is it multipurpose? I can use it as a brow powder, as an eyeshadow, as a transition shade, as a bronzer and as a contour. It's great for people with fairer complexion for contouring. It really is a great all rounder. I'm a sucker for them. It would be great for travel too. I like to apply this into the hollows of my cheeks close to the ear with a light fan brush as it picks up only a small amount of product giving me control over how sharp I want my contour. 

Prices obviously vary depending on where you live in the world but here in good ol' Oz you can pick up the Illamasqua shadows for a neat $26 dollars. 


Gidget xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper