Review | Rimmel Lipsticks



Lipstick was never really a huge love or staple of mine when it came to makeup but I'm really branching out so I've definitely been stocking up on them! It's so hard though because when I'm in the store swatching and looking at the colors I almost always walk back out because I just think "Well I have a dark red already or why have another nude lipstick?" I find it hard to really see any difference or variation within colors at all in store. If I see it on someone else however I'm like "I have to have that! It's gorgeous!" 



Since I've been delving into the wide WIDE world of lipsticks, I'm finding I'm very drawn to Rimmel. I honestly can't say why I just really like the feel of them on the lips, the pigmentation and the packaging.
I only own 5 of these so far, I find it hard to buy lipstick as stated above but photograpghed above left to right are: Starry Eyed, Asia, 107 and 04.



Swatched on the arm top to bottom: Starry Eyed, Asia, 107 and 04.



Starry Eyed is a dark clotted red colour with a semi matt finish. It has a sheen. It's not completely matt but it's not a SHEEN either. I don't like lipsticks with too much slip as they tend to not last as long as others. The lasting power on this is quite remarkable actually. I do see fading in the corners of my mouth after an hour or so but I think that's just the shape of my mouth.



Asia is a semi matt texture too. It's not a completely nude colour but it gives my lips a little something without standing out. It's not too pink, peach or red falling in a very neutral category for me. I'd say this is a nude natural pink. It's my fail safe lippie right now.



107 is completely matt texture and every blogger and their dog has reviewed this colour so I won't say too much. I will point out it's not the no: 1 dark red lipstick out there. I'd actually class this as a dark berry colour rather than a dark red as it has a bright hue to it. You will need a liner for this though as it isn't smooth application wise. The pay off it worth it though.



04 is one of their newer colours that I've seen and you don't really see dark gothic colours like this too much in high street brands so I snapped it up. I have very fair skin so I either go neutral makeup, focus on the eyes or wear a statement lip. This reminded me of the dark purple lipstick Rooney Mara wore to the Met Gala and I had to have it. Slick your hair back in a straight pony tail, swipe some mascara on and add this lipstick and you're guaranteed instant runway glam. It's semi matt and can be worn lightly or apply a couple of layers for a darker look. Again, Liner is a must! Unless you like to live dangerously.

Most of the Rimmel Lippies range between $6-$10 depending on what store you purchase it from or sales.

As always for the love of god comment! I love hearing from you! And feel free to link your blogs below for me to check out.

Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr
Youtube

Gidget xx

2 comments:

  1. 107 looks gorgeous! thanks for the awesome swatches ;)

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I pride myself on a good quality swatch :P I need a better camera though. I'll check your blog out :) and 107 really is a beautiful colour xx

      Delete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper