Review | Kmart OXx Cream & Powder Blushes


Kmart had a major overhaul to their beauty department around the middle of last year and the developments have only continued into this year with the addition of ELF cosmetics, removal of Face  of Australia, addition of Fifth Avenue Cosmetics and with the launch of their own home brand dubbed "OXx". 

I first discovered the Kmart brand around the beginning of this year when I snapped up a one dollar eyeshadow quad out of interest. It sadly was a disappointment but the brand has gone through phases this year, discontinuing some products and releasing various others. Among the many products released by them Blush is one of their products with the widest variety of shades and finishes, the other being lip products, which I've yet to test out myself. 


Each product is a flat $2 each. Naturally you expect a lot of disappointment with products of that price. The packaging is simple, not too flimsy but not luxurious by any standard but it's not gaudy looking as other cheap brands I know 
-coughs-Jordana-coughs-

Now OXx have 8 blushes in total on offer. Four cream sticks and four powder blushes. Annoyingly the cream sticks have names but the powder version have no colour identification whatsoever. Now I don't know personally what goes into the process of production and marketing of a cosmetic product but I cannot imagine its hard to give something a name. C'mon Kmart. I'll do it for free if you want! 

From left to right: Tan, Plum, Coral, Nude.

I know, I know. The names totally don't match the colours. No I am not messing with you nor have I mislabelled. They seriously named them that. Aside from weird colour interpretations the cream sticks apply quite nicely and have a decent amount of pigmentation. Tan being my favourite; I like to use it in place of my contour or pre-contour as it's a nice natural shade to mimic shadow with a mauve tone to it. Plum is a nice bright pink but won't be a reached for colour by me. Coral was the least pigmented and applies a tad patchy. Nude...a true coral is a nice peachy shade for a natural flush. Each matte down somewhat after being blended into the skin. 

Left to right: 1, 2 ,3 and 4. 

Proposed names by yours truly: Flushed, Tangerine, Peony and Milkshake. 

Now for the powdered blushes. Each of these offer the same amount of pigmentation. They aren't the most in-your-face blushes and take a few applications to build up some intensity but I don't find that to be a con. I like a subtle blush vs a BAM-in-you-face one. And the selection offers a decent variety of shades to fit your day to day mood. Number 1 (Flushed) and number 2 (Peony) are my two favs of the bunch. 


Overall for the $2 price tag I would say there are selections from the OXx Blush range that I would recommend. Some definite winners in the bunch. 


Gidget xx






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper