Review | Nars Pro Prime Smudge Proof Primer


Now by sheer determined stubbornness I avoid cult products like the plague. Take the IKEA Alex Drawers for example. I've avoided them for years. Tried to use everything but. I refuse to buckle. However, I was in need of something to prevent my eyeshadow from creasing. It was becoming a serious problem and no matter how good the eyeshadow I was using was it would still crease. That dastardly greasy smudged line in my crease. Not uncommon with semi-hooded and hooded eyes alike. I've tried every method and primer I could get my hands on in the drug store. Cream bases, eye shadow primers, setting sprays; nothing was really doing the trick. After exhausting all resources I turned to the higher end brands. Not wanting to waste money I debated between brands for quite sometime. I finally took a gamble and snapped up the coveted Nars Pro Prime. And I haven't looked back. 


This year I've been so impressed with everything I've tried from them. As someone with a tighter budget I've been rewarded with every product I buy from them. First time I used this I was so shocked I kept snap chatting my friends pics of my eyeshadow through the day and how it was holding up. And it was holding steady. Perfect even. Not a crease in sight after 5+ hrs! As for making shadows appear brighter and more pigmented I can't really say much about that. Once applied it's translucent so in that alone should tell you. To make pigments appear more vibrant you'd use coloured bases. Such as black, white or a similar colour to the shadows you're using. Mac paint pots and course gel liners work best for this. I've yet to see a translucent eyeshadow primer to make shadows appear more pigmented or vibrant. It's just an extra claim on the back of the box to me. Not to sully the product. I think the Nars Smudge Proof Pro Prime is worth its weight in gold. 

It's comfortable. Smoothing. Lightweight and DOES its job. It is now a staple in my arsenal. Another holy grail and soon to be a constant repurchase. Despite it's painful $35 price tag.


Gidget xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper