Review | Models Prefer Soft Touch Mineral Powder in Soft Focus


My immediate thought when I spotted these in Priceline (other than the fact that it still irks me that Priceline hasn't bothered to properly market this brand) was how much they kind of reminded me of the concept of the Ambient Lighting Powders from Hourglass. Now, as a slightly tighter budget person I don't own the Ambient Powder. I'd like to. So I don't know how comparable they are. 

Like Essence I get super excited when Models Prefer release new products. If you can I urge you to invest in some of the brushes from that line. They're pretty decent for the drugstore. 

Now Priceline describes these powders as the following:

"A premium baked mineral finishing powder formulated with light reflecting micronized technology for a polished, radiant complexion day and night.


A smooth, lightweight finishing powder with sheer long lasting coverage.
Micronized technology creates a light reflecting finish for a soft focus and natural glow.
Enhances and creates a luminous depth to your foundation, bronzer or blush.

Universally flattering shades for a naturally radiant complexion.

Multipurpose use - use as a finishing powder, eyeshadow, or highlight and contour the face and decolletage."


Currently there are 4 colours available and I own the colour that compliments my skin tone which is Soft Focus. Now as someone who likes a natural demi-matte finish; glowy is not something I am used to. When I got a good look at my face outside in a mirror I immediately thought I looked like a grease-ball. However I've trialled this quite a bit and come to the inevitable conclusion that that was its purpose. I just wasn't used to that kind of finish. It definitely gives you a radiant finish and sets your makeup for the day without feeling powdery or looking cakey in the slightest. After further use I've found it does have a somewhat blurring effect as well. I tend to cake up or look flakey over and around the nose but a quick go over with this powder airbrushes over my fickle nose. For the price it's hard to find fault. 

At the end of the day for the cool 16.95 price tag you get a decent 10g of product, thats definitely something to recommend!


Gidget xx 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper