Review | The BB Cream for the Pale Gal Missha Perfect Cover SPF42


Being a pale lass in Australia can make a trip down the makeup aisle daunting when looking for a base. I've tried countless BB creams only to wind up looking like I have a bad tan. Not everyone in Australia looks like we belong on Baywatch. I was actually asked once if I was from europe. When I asked them why they'd think that that said "Because you're so pale". Clearly my southern aussie drawl was not a giant indicator for them. 

Back to the bases (zing!) I've never been a huge fan of heavy coverage or coverage in general. People tend to forget makeup is not good for the skin. It can clog pores, cause reactions or prematurely age the skin. That is one of the reasons it's vital you remove it. This is also a reason I have a million primers but thats a different topic. BB creams intrigue me due to the fact their a teeny bit gentler on the skin. 



Asian BB creams are a bit of a culture phenom. All the blogger love and rave about them. Skin 79, Holika Holika, Tony Moly and a million more. I'd garner Asia probably accounts for more than 50% of the BB cream market. One that sparked my particular interest was the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. Not only does in come in a wide variety of shades it has an SPF of 42! That is the highest I think I've ever seen in a cosmetic product. I have the shade 13 which is the lightest shade available but not the easiest one to find. Any web stores that carry Missha only stock one or two shades, usually around the 22-25 mark. I scored my tube from ebay and it can come in a travel size or full size. I have the travel size and it's quite large, almost as big as the maybelline bb creams. It provides a very nice amount of coverage for a bb cream while being a nice match to my skin. Only drawback is the semi-dewy finish and the application. I'm sure other people wouldn't have a problem using a buffing brush but this doesn't buff into my skin and leaves a streaky mess. I get the best finish using my hands or a wet beauty blender. This is overall a marvellous BB cream and one I recommend to anyone considering purchasing one. 


Whats your fav BB Cream?



Gidget xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper