MOTD | Bloody Vampira


Major apologies for the late upload but I am super duper pleased with how this turned out! I'd been thinking about it and planning it for weeks. I didn't want to do a traditional Valentines Day look for a date night or something, as usual I wanted to do something different and unusual, this is nothing against Valentines Day itself, it was just fuel to branch out and do something different. If you're up for a read a little bit of history, more pics and product list click on read more xx


While there are many stories over the origins of Valentines Day probably the most popular one is the one that inspired the name. Saint Valentinus was a Christian Minister during the reign of the Roman Empire who performed weddings under the table for Roman Soldiers, back then soldiers weren't allowed to marry because they wanted their only loyalty to be to the crown, a soldier with a family was more likely to take a sword for their family and not the king. Good ol' Saint Vally thought this was hogwash, love was love and performed the ceremonies behind closed doors. While romantic this cost Valentinus his freedom and he was promptly locked up. My history is a little foggy but I do believe a mass slaughter followed. Fun times! 


All I thought about when planning this look was I wanted it to look sad and gorey. I didn't think I'd have enough time to order cosmetic grade blood so I had been doing a lot of research on DIY blood recipes and for awhile there it wasn't looking good but then I stumbled into Spotlight to have a look at their face painting products and low and behold they sold Blood! I bought roses, I painted fake nails and I put glitter on my face. I did it all at 3am in the morning, thats how I roll. I even figured out a new backdrop setup that I'm super happy with. 



Products Used

Eyes

Sephora Eyeshadow Palette 
Inglot Eyeshadow in 607
Ebay 88 Naturals Palette
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Black
Ardell Individual Lashes
Derivan Red Face Paint Glitter 

Face

Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation in 110
Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Heroine 
Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipstick in Corporate Femme

Lips

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Vampira

Nails

Cheap as Chips Nails
Essence Nail Polish in Fame Fatale
Derivan Blood



Gidget xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper