Behind the Scenes | Four Beauty Blogger Faux Pas That I Commit


Flawless Makeup, Well Researched, On Time & Organised? Phrases I'd never ever use to describe myself. Do I really practise what I preach? No. Sure, I'd like to be the person I wish I was but the person I really am is a seriously flawed goofball. Am I the perfect Beauty Blogger? Read on and find out the four Faux Pas I commit behind the scenes. 

1. Do I always wash my makeup off?

Nine times out of Ten...I do but there is that odd occasion, rare as it is, where I wont. I'll wax lyrical till I'm blue in the face about how important it is to always keep your face clean but even I have days where I'm so tired that I simply just don't care. I also don't cleanse morning and night... I'm terrible. 

2, I want it but do I need it?

The crucible of every budgeter who loves makeup. We all know deep down we don't really need it, but dammit we cave just about every single time! Some things are so pretty you can't help but bring them home with you and some things peak your deep interests that you simply must satisfy them. I take long strolls down the makeup aisle in every single store I'm in. Even if I'm at the corner store buying bread. There is a very very dark little line we makeup enthusiasts walk between love and obsession.

3. Having tons of posts written and scheduled to upload...

The hell I do! I have periods where I have 3-5 posts ready or being worked on but I don't schedule them. I don't trust the scheduler. In all honesty about 65% of my posts on this blog have been slapped together and uploaded that very day. I have grand plans to be more productive and proactive regarding my posts but it's a slow process with me.

4. How much research do I put into my work?

This depends on what I'm blogging about. If it's a favourites posts with 5-20 products included, I refuse to add a million links to where I bought them, grams per product, the finish and so on. If I'm blogging about one product, I'll try to throw in the relevant things like the Australian price, key ingredients, compare it to the odd product or two. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty I'm fairly slack. I'd rather coat myself head to toe in glitter and call it a day!




Gidget xx

2 comments:

  1. Worst eyebrows I've ever seen = yours

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper