Review | Lush Solid Shampoo Bars

 

There really is nothing like coming home to a package. It's like a mini birthday or christmas. Solid shampoo bars are the new IT thing at Lush and I must admit I was a bit perplexed and skeptical about the concept at first. Here's a little tip too, don't try to shave little granules off the bars and assume that it will melt and lather under the water. I did that my first try and wound up with chunks of product in my hair that wouldn't go away for like a week. You'd think I'd just use it properly like a bar of soap. That I would use common sense. I am a creature of strange and idiotic habits. When I finally got around to using them properly (lathering the bar under water between my hands) it's actually a pretty easy process. Simpler than a shampoo bottle. 

I had put off sharing my thoughts on these bars because at first I wasn't initially pleased with the results I was getting from them. But I persevered assuming it was just a process of elimination, regarding. Which bar worked best with my hair. And I was right. Some left my hair looking flat and oily. Initially this was my problem. I have very fine long hair that gets oily on top rather quick so I need something that will keep the roots of my hair clean and fluffy for at least a day and a half before needing another wash. I was right to cycle through what I had until I found the one that works best with my hair. 

What I've tried

Montalbano

 "Sicilian lemon oil, olives and rosemary make this the godfather of shampoos for shiny hair. A really citrusy shampoo bar to leave the hair squeaky clean."

This is my favourite one! I'm not generally drawn to citrus but the effect it has on my hair is great, I like my hair to feel very dry, fluffy and clean and this delivers.

Honey I Washed my Hair

"A honey shampoo made with our best-selling toffee sweet scent, for soft and shiny hair with a little lift. With 5% Fair Trade honey, hair is left really softened without being flattened and full of moisture. Comb, honey?"

Wasn't my favourite, left my hair very lank and flat after 4-6hrs after my hair dried. Smells nice though.

Brazzilliant

"Strengthen and condition hair with andiroba oil, a new ingredient we are using from the Brazilian rainforest, and lift your mood with sunny orange oil."

Nice, smells delicious but doesn't fluff my hair enough or keep my hair clean long enough.

Copperhead

"Perk up your hair with this mild shampoo, ideal for coloured locks. With coffee and melted henna (caca rouge) for shine. Although it won’t actually colour your hair, it is a great choice for colour treated dark hair, conditioning it and bringing out the tones.I have to put my hands together for Lush coming up with little bar of genius. I need to go stock up on some soon!" 

Have not personally tried it but my mother uses Lush's Henna Hair Dye and is happy with the shampoo bar as it keeps the richness of her colour for longer. 

Jason & the Argon Oil

"On a quest for stronger, shinier, softer hair? Try this argan oil-packed, Rose Jam-scented bar. Ideal for those with lighter hair tones."

While it looks nice, smells pretty and leaves my hair soft I am a creature of habit and prefer texture and dryness to my hair. However if you're looking for shiny hair, this is the bar for you. 

You can find Lush online here. Each bar retails for $13.95 au and they have countless other bars in the range to suite your needs! 



Gidget xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

Blog Archive

FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN

Gidget Cooper